new pre-builder

Subject: new pre-builder
From: J <J@however.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 00:27:17

Thank you all for your useful and/or interesting reactions.

In my earlier contribution I stated some reasonable criteria for my kit
aircraft and the Europa appeared the only contender.
I also listed all 11 kit aircraft that I could find that are not too far
---From the ballpark (by optimistic mfr's numbers) - with URL for the
benefit of any other pre-builders who are deciding for the Europa so
they can see for themselves (curiously they stayed in the woodwork).
The 11 are a disparate collection indeed, probably further testimony to
the remarkable combination of design points represented in the Europa.
So it was probably ungrateful/pretentious/unrealistic of me to wish for
a slightly different weight/affordability trade-off.
-----
For completeness, at the risk of making myself unpopular: there is
actually another contender by my stated criteria list (missed earlier
because mentioned incorrectly in EAA AeroCrafter):
www.hb-aviation.com  : Brditschka HB-270 Alfa
Porsche 110 hp, T/O distance 689', 551 lbs, 152mph, de-rigs
aluminium, VP prop, retractable tri-gear, quiet, since 1995
'weight efficiency' 551/992=.55 is very low
! beware - mfr's numbers !
comments quote: small bagage space, useful load.
no reviews/activity found on the internet.
-----
I will stick with the Europa.
And I can't be a pre-builder anymore, I understand. Short career.

Jan de Jong.