Flap Linkage

Subject: Flap Linkage
From: TroyMaynor@aol.com
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 16:39:36
Hi All,
In setting up my flap deflection range I had a problem with the rod that runs
---From the gear retraction mechanism aft to the flap cross tube hitting on one
of the spars. I tried tweaking it a little and then it hit on the pitch
torque tube. I got it to where it doesn't hit but when you raise the
flaps/gear it just barely clears it by a few thousands. I was wondering if I
could put some kind of wear strip in this area of the rod, or maybe file a
little curved indent of 1/16" to 1/8" on the corner of the spar. What's the
best? Or...
does the XS flap drive rod fit the classic? If I used this it might solve the
problem and also allow me to more easily do the seat widening mod which I'm
considering. Sorry if I didn't use the correct nomenclature. I don't have my
manual with me.
Thanks to all.
Troy N120EU