Seized quick-connect bellcrank

Subject: Seized quick-connect bellcrank
From: J Ron Jones <jronjones@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 09:30:06
A couple of days ago there was mention of the bearings on the quick-connect
bellcrank seizing when tightening the nut holding it to the spar tang.
I had fitted one with no problem at all and simply deleted the above
message.  However, last evening I fitted the second bellcrank and that DID
seize when tightened.
On close inspection I found that this was caused by the Euro 1 washer
binding on the dust shield of the bearing. This had not been pressed in far
enough and was easily tapped further into the bearing using a small (1/8 th
dia.) punch and a VERY light touch with a small hammer.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Ron Jones.