Re: Tire and inner tube

Subject: Re: Tire and inner tube
From: Fillinger@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 15:51:48

> The popular 'replacement' tire seems to be the Macreary Airtrac 7.00 x 6.
Can
> you use the old (Europa supplied) inner tube or should you order the
> Macreary inner tube too?

Most aircraft mechanics/IA's I have talked to say you scrap the tube
(presuming you're replacing the tire due to wear).  They say aircraft
tires/tubes are not made from modern rubber formulations. That's why they
crack and slow-leak, unlike your auto tires. Also, the valve stem takes a
beating if the tube has shifted on the wheel.   Reuse it and you risk a good
chance of failure.

Regards,
Fred Fillinger, A063