Re: Skymap gps

Subject: Re: Skymap gps
From: dg.watts@virgin.net
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 12:03:59
DaveBuzz@aol.com wrote:
> just spoke to Skymap, they confirm that ORIGINAL Skymap GPS's will not work
> now after the rollover week. Apparently the GPS system in the old skymap was
> based on Garmin chips, newer SkymapII's are on Motorola chips and work ok.
>  Skymap advise sending the unit + aerial (if poss) back to them, they will
> sort it out, free of charge I was told.

Strange that. I have just got in from flying our Europa over to France
today and the Skymap 1 was working just fine.
We flew it last Monday week, a couple of days after the rollover week
and it did take about 20 minutes to 'find itself' just displaying 'no
fix possible' for that time, but eventually it sorted itself out and has
been fine ever since.

Dave Watts G-BXDY