Time to really get started!

Subject: Time to really get started!
From: Chris and Sue Beck <n9zes@execpc.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 19:38:29
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to stop in here and report that our "chock" is complete and
looking pretty darn good!  No major disasters that I can see, except for
a bit of waviness of the cloth weave in a few spots.  The second layup
(of the uni on the bottom) went much better than the first, as we had
our act together.  The only spot I am unhappy about is the groove cut in
the bottom surface for the flox.  It was OK, but not the prettiest
thing.  That foam really doesn't like to cut well with a razor knife,
even a very sharp one.

I plan to have Paul McAllister come up and visit and review the chock
for problems and also discuss the rudder layup.  I just need to get off
my duff and call him and get a time set.  We have been spending a lot of
time lately travelling over Wisconsin going to dog shows to see our
Waldo ( Spindrift Where's Waldo to all you dog people out there).  He is
doing very well winning quite a few points already, but I digress...

Anyway, I just wanted to take some time here and thank everyone here for
all the help and advice so far, and to Tony K., Steve G., Martin, and
Paul M. for the great information on their web pages and all the others
builders have put up.  I feel much more comfortable going into the
rudder after reading all the extra information that is not presented in
the builders manual.  This sure is a great group of people.

I hope to have some pictures of our shop and such put up in the next few
weeks, so stay tuned.  I'll have to add a Europa section to our web page
now.  Maybe I'll get started, as Sue is at ground school tonight.

ENJOY!

Chris
http://www.execpc.com/~n9zes