GPS week rollover

Subject: GPS week rollover
From: 113-22 Scherer Thomas DN=113-22 <11322@ZENTRALE.AA.bund400.de>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 10:41:59
I am flying a Garmin GNC-250 and checked the Garmin website before the
rollover.

After the event, the GPS unit needed some time to find "where am I ?" but
recovered after a complete reset (press "CLR" during power-up). It also
cleaned out the waypoint database - another way of cleaning the shack.

When will the next rollover be ?

BTW, did you see the latest GPS-baby from Garmin ? A color display
handheld (GPS 295) a la GPS-III (egg-shape). Next thing they plan on
coming out with, is a unit with a magnetic compass installed because
too many users unpack their GPS and hold it in their hand while turning
and then they call Garmin and complain that the display didn't change
during their turn....

Happy navigating,

<Thomas, kit # 81 [trigear > slow > but easy to land] >