Re: Hot 914

Subject: Re: Hot 914
From: Henk Roelofs <henk@loginet.nl>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 14:18:06
>If it's not too much bother, could you describe what lead you to switch
>from the BMW engine?

Europa didn't recommend using it.
We are happy with our 914 though. It is the most powerful engine
for the Europa and indeed if we open the throttle we must be really
careful not to take off prematurely since we are not allowed to fly
(yet).
But I can tell you this (just to keep the dream alive).
There are two Cherry's here flying with the BMW engine.
It performs well and it consumes less than 10 litre/hour (so they
say).
The people who saw them all tell about a propeller which is not
spinning at low rpm, a "nice sound", a short take-off run and a
steep angle of climb.

Regards,
Henk & Bart #264
http://www.loginet.nl/europa/