Re: Rudder Horn Anchor Nuts

Subject: Re: Rudder Horn Anchor Nuts
From: aviatordave@fuse.net
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 21:44:10
Gents,
    I believe that you should use the proper size rivets to secure the
nut plates on the bottom of the rudder.
    You are building an aircraft and the nut plate is an aircraft part.
Don't "booger it up" by drilling out the nutplate. And if Europa
Aircraft supplies the wrong rivit (mine too), that's still not an excuse
to do a substandard job.
    Better yet... Don't put a piece of aluminum on the bottom of your
rudder, but keep the original rudder profile and use Grahmin Singleton's
rudder bellcrank kit (see Tony K's web site). This arrangement makes
more sense to me than the factory supplied rudder mechanisums... cleaner
aerodynamically, and stronger.

IMHO.     AviatorDave