Re: Europa Motorglider

Subject: Re: Europa Motorglider
From: Steve Genotte <gopack@sprintmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 23:58:01
Bob Jacobsen wrote:

>  In the U.S. you don't need a medical certificate to fly a glider or
> motorglider.  The Europa motorglider meets the requirements so if you
> have lost your medical, can't get a medical etc. it looks like the
> motorglider might be very interesting. Bob Jacobsen#A131

I believe (set me straight if I'm mistaken) that the catch is that your
Europa wasn't first registered as a "regular" (my quotes) aircraft.
I've heard that there might be a problem if you tried to re-register one
after swapping the cruise wings for the glider wings.

Anybody know a more definitive version of this tangle?

Steve "Aileron leading edge close-outs completed" Genotte