Re: Wing Sockets

Subject: Re: Wing Sockets
From: Dave Simpson <DaveSimpson@londonweb.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 18:25:10
Norbert,

We had cause to remove one of the wing pin blocks (can't remember why).

It was removed by first cutting out a reasonably good fitting heat shield
---From thin aly, exposing only the block and protecting the composite.  A rod
was poked in the block's hole and the temperature of the block was raised by
hot air gun.  When it was ready, it came away easily with no damage to the
composite.  Don't forget to take out the bolts first otherwise you really
have to pull.

One of our wing pin reinforcement plates was sited in the wrong position in
the fuselage.  We used a router with its depth carefully set to remove outer
skin and foam without touching the inner skin.  Floxed in a new plate in a
new position, then layed up two plies of bid over the top with an inch
overlap all round.

Good luck

Dave Simpson