Re: Pip Pins

Subject: Re: Pip Pins
From: Fillinger@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 14:59:00
>> Due to what may be described as a complete brain cramp, I managed to
>> drill both pip pin holes too close to their respective ribs *and* down
>> the slope from the crest of the TP-6's......

>> Steve "Drilling for oil in a litter box" Genotte

Bummer.  Europa should counsel on this one, but for those not at this stage
yet, I suggest a simple preventative step I used.  Before installing the TP6
sleeve, mark where the hole looks like it should be and partially drill it,
leaving just a dimple.  Place a drop of red lacquer in the dimple, and then
flox it in with the red dot pointing exactly upwards (perpendicular to the
chord line of TP2).  When later routing out the foam for the access hole, a
shop vac hose in one hand and Dremel tool in the other enables one to easily
find the red dot and center the access hole around it.

Regards,
Fred Fillinger A063