Ignition Switch??

Subject: Ignition Switch??
From: JohnJMoran@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 08:39:03
I'm using spdt switches rather than a key switch for the ignitions and have
found the Rotax 912 installation manual to be wonderfully vague about the
ignition system.

That is, should the center conductor be open or grounded to make the ignition
live? While Rotax is shy about this, others are not: I have heard open from
some sources and grounded from others.  Doesn't seem like this should be a
democratic decision where everybody gets to vote and the ignition operates
based on the majority's will.

Could someone who has got a Rotax running please settle this for me?

John  A044