Re: Recombinant Gas (RG) Sealed Batteries

Subject: Re: Recombinant Gas (RG) Sealed Batteries
From: Robert L. Nuckolls III <nuckolls@aeroelectric.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 00:09:24
>A) Is there an industry standard as to terminal
>     configuration, i.e. 5/16 or 3/8 threaded stud??
>
>B) If I were to buy the battery early for wiring and
>     installation reasons, would I risk deterioration
>     while it sat on the shelf for X months??
>
>For CG reasons, battery installation is normally last,
>yet I would like to have the wiring in place, which
>means correctly sized terminations. Any reasonable
>answers accepted.

  If a "standard" exists, it's only because all of the
  24-32 a.h. flooded batteries for airplanes have used
  5/16" terminals. In the modern RG batteries, you'll
  find terminals of 1/4" to 5/16" . . .

  Buy your flying battery the week you intend to fly.
  Use an el-cheepo boat or tractor battery to check
  things out in the shop. Some builders are taking
  advantage of a plug-in-the-wall power supply we
  offer that will run a full-up airplane electrical
  system on the ground. See . . .

  http://www.aeroelectric.com/Catalog/catalog.html

       Bob . . .
                       ////