Re: Sun 'N Fun Debrief?

Subject: Re: Sun 'N Fun Debrief?
From: Jerry <jerry@flyinghi.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 08:18:45
I do not believe a fuel saving of 33% is possible!

---From all my experience fuel burn is almost exactly related to air speed. It
takes a certain hp to drag a Europa through the air at a certain speed. This
hp can be achieved at high rpm low throttle or low rpm high throttle but the
hp remains the same. The only difference therefor is a slight change in
efficiency of the prop which is likely to be maybe 1 or 2%. A reduction in
rpm of 33% does not lead to the same saving in fuel consumption as throttle
settings are higher. I am ready to be proved wrong and am prepared to lend
for two weeks a fuel flow meter to anybody who wants to make the appropriate
tests.

Jerry

                                         Flying Hi - Wish I was
                                       jerry@flyinghi.demon.co.uk