Resin/Hardener/ AIR!!!

Subject: Resin/Hardener/ AIR!!!
From: Tony Renshaw <renshaw@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 08:52:49
Terry,
My experience with the Ampreg 20 resin system is that it is far more air
sensitive than heat. Beware any large volume of air above your hardener! I
have finally found it is best to decant the large container of hardener
into small glass food preserving bottles, like Vacola or the type which
seal down with a wire mechanism that compresses onto an orange rubber seal.
This will minimise the air above the hardener during storage. I get
fluctuations of temperature in my workshop from the mid 30's to as low as
14 degrees C, which I know is not very cold, or hot particularly. Even in
my resin pump I use a plastic food storage bag draped over the edges down
to just above the hardener to isolate it from the air that would otherwise
be entrapped.
If you ask Mr Ampreg you will find out that I speak from experience as I
probably funded there last years operation with hardener purchases!
Reg
Tony Renshaw

>    Hello all. I was up in our local dump (rubbish tip, garbage dump) the
>other day to get rid of the first grass cuttings of spring and while there
>I  liberated a slightly used (one careful owner) resin cupboard cunningly
>disguised  as a fridge.     into which I will be fitting a lamp or other
>heat  source.   That should keep the stuff nice and cosy.   Hope to meet
>some of you at Sun and Fun next week. I will be  the bearded one with the
>tear stained cheeks. We Volksplane drivers don't have  roofs on our
>machines and the wind plays hell with our complexions as  well.   Best
>regards,   Terry Coughlan
Reg
Tony Renshaw
Builder No.236