Re: Re - Petrol not AVGAS

Subject: Re: Re - Petrol not AVGAS
From: Dave Simpson <DaveSimpson@londonweb.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 23:37:40
Nigel,

CAA's main concern is quality control.  They claim, amongst other things,
that airfield bowser fuel is subject to stringent quality control which
garage fuel is not.  It is the Bombardier Rotax Operator's Manual, stating
that unleaded fuel is to be used for the 912 which throws them  into
disarray since on the one hand they cannot be seen to be instructing pilots
to disobey the manual, yet (at present) cannot tell them to buy unleaded
---From a airfield bowser 'cos it ain't available yet.  Please don't point out
the stupidity of these arguments to me - I'm only the messenger.

Microlights will however be permitted to use forecourt fuel of any
description.  (though we're having a running battle with CAA at present
about logging take up).

Use Avgas with great care, and infrequently, on the 912.  Nigel Beale
showed me a really badly clogged up head the other day which was caused by
leaded Avgas.

Dave Simpson