Trailers

Subject: Trailers
From: Plantragg Developments <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 15:21:52
Good afternoon all !
Just a line to let you know that I have a suitable covered trailer for
moving TRIGEAR Europas, subject to overall width over 'spats'. It is fully
insulated and securely locked , this is perchance anyone should be faced
with the problem and not wish to remove the main landing gear.
A certain Tom and Cathy ? attempted to contact me a while ago and I have
been too involved trying to get completed for painting to bother doing much
e-mail work.
My latest position on the Jabiru 3300 is that the MT Propeller people have
said that the Jabiru propeller
hub has an inbuilt likelihood for a fatigue failure , since Jabiru were
reluctant to make any statement beyond 'that their engine would swing
anything that Rotax could' the Germans have offered to provide a new hub
 with their mounting bolts and to rework the spinner since it needed to be
3/4" longer  all F.O.C.
The Jabiru /Europa cowling , which I had expected to need to modify to
match the spinner , doesn't need modifying because of the spinner , but
just before sending it for painting we noticed that the air intake ducts
were for the 2200 engine and although fitted to the engine OK were about
50% the size of the
the internal RAM AIR DUCTS !!!!  also the air intake for oil / sump cooling
was proportionally too small
all needing a rush of blood to the head to hack all the front of the top
and bottom cowlings  on the principle of being able to block them up easily
but not so easy to improve cooling if there seems to be a shortfall
especially after painting !!! I had to do them  very quickly so I'm hoping
they look AOK when finish painted. I have just installed the increased
luggage space bulkhead and relocated the battery mount to the rear , also
increased the seat back bushes to 1/2" dia. so now just need to complete
the internals to the wing fillets and the wing tips and all is ready for
painting. So it is nose down to do some of the panel work ( not looking
forward to 'sparks' work somehow ! still I recall being as apprehensive
about doing the extensive 'glass' works on the wings , and that is all in
the past without a second thought!!!.
BFN
Regards to all
Bob Harrison  337 G-PTAG e-mail:- ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk