Re: Tailplane Layup

Subject: Re: Tailplane Layup
From: Miles McCallum <milesm@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 00:46:33

>It looks like I've been able to heat and clamp down the majority of this
>run, but I'm not sure what to do with the leading edge.  I don't have
>any clamp that can grip this well; the slope of the airfoil at this
>point causes them to slide right off.

I'd look at the possibility of battens and ratchet straps to act as a clamp.

 I'd also identify the voids and fill them with resin (with flox if it's a
large volume) via a large syringe (Vets being a fair source). Drill 2 holes
-one for the resin, and one for the air, and then "seal" them (to prevent
leaks out and air in) with a resin/peel ply patch.

Miles