RE: Figure Z-7 Update . . .

Subject: RE: Figure Z-7 Update . . .
From: Johannes Czernin <jcz@worldport.at>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 01:03:34
Hi, Bob,

Funny thing - last night I downloaded the corrected Z-7 drawing you had
announced in your message, and tonight I find this new message from you
announcing the latest, once more "revised" version of the same drawing. Of
course, I just HAD to download that one too, and - lo and behold! - this
turns out to be nothing new but rather exactly the setup you sent me some
years ago, and which I then fitted to my Rotax 2-stroke-engined Kitfox.

All I can say is that I can really recommend this system to anyone using one
of these whizz engines. On my airplane, I had no less than two total
failures of the infamous "cheapie" regulator supplied as standard by Rotax,
plus a couple of intermittent instances of overvoltage. The "crowbar" setup
did its trick exactly as it is supposed to do, and I must confess that in at
least one of these occurrences I would surely not have caught the failure
condition before some damage would have been inflicted.

Johannes

http://www.aeroelectric.com/errata/fig_z7.pdf

       Bob . . .
                       ////