fuel

Subject: fuel
From: Tennant@tonline.de
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 08:26:14
Hi Jerry,

The unfortunate thing about internal combustion engines is that you need to feed

them something now and again or they get p----d off and dont work! Just like
donkeys.

Avgas - is not good for the Rotax. it messes up good oil and wears out the valve

seats.

Leaded gas - is not available in some countries. Our Green party is trying to
introduce the death penalty for anyone found using leaded petrol in their old
lawn mower.

Super plus - that is 98 RON (98 octane) it is said, has too many volotile
additives and can cause vapour lock.

Super - 95 octane fuel seems to be the only thing that is safe to use in warm
weather.

In winter I do not think that it is important and the better starting qualities

of 98 octane are desirable.

My experience is that I have used Super (95 octane) on days when ground
temperatures are above 35C (95F) up to 7000 ft (1013 mpa) with no problem.

What are others experiences.

Best regards

Barry Tennant
D-EHBT