Subsribe Europa

Subject: Subsribe Europa
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 19:26:20
Message text written by "Andy Alsop"
>He is currently making preparations to paint the aircraft but has
developed an allergic reaction to the resin.Has anybody else had any
similar problems.<

Yes, but in varying degree. He is lucky that the only thing left is the
filling.

He should avoid any contact with the resin and hardener for a few weeks at
least. Probably also best to avoid the dust.  So someone else will have to
do the filling. After that water based epoxy primer and paint provides an
excellent alternative to the highly toxic 2 packs.

Don't be tempted to use polyester filler. It will most likely fall off
after a few years. My experience and opinion. A few may differ, of course.
I know the best gliders are gel coated but they are not in the same game.

Graham,