Re:

Subject: Re:
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 04:27:36
Message text written by "Bob Fairall"
>I went to Redhill today, where my aircraft is hangared, and discovered
that
despite changing two 'less than free' rod ends during last week and feeling
I had cured the problem, just two days later the ailerons are less than
free again.<

There is a further possibility. The main roll torque tube si restrained
fore and aft by the rear face of the CS02 control fork and a flange, with
the Tufnol bearing between bolted to the seat front bulkhead. If this is
set up with not enough clearance the metal torque tube may contract
slightly more than the Tufnol and therefore girp the latter which results
in more friction. I have seen it happen twice during relatively rapid
cooling. ( Heating being turned off on a cold day) Aluminium cools quicker
than Tufnol.

Graham