RE: [Fwd: Europa XS Opinion;]

Subject: RE: [Fwd: Europa XS Opinion;]
From: andrew.robinson@barco.com
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 15:42:15

        I'm going to be a spoiler here and say that I'm going with the
Zenith CH601 instead of the Europa. The main reason is that the 601 is
about $15,000 cheaper to build and should build faster. The 601 is
almost as fast as the Europa and I can clean up its aerodynamics some
more and get a little more speed out.

        That said, I'd rather have the Europa XS. but I am young and
relatively poor and the 601 will get me in the air and flying for a few
years. When I'm older and have some more money I'll build something
else; it will be either an XS or a 4-place aircraft (a 4-place version
of the Europa... :-)  ).

        I say this having flown a Europa twice and absolutely loving
every minute of it. After about 10 years, the Europa becomes the cheaper
aircraft since trailering the airplane home saves on tie-down/hangar
rent, and putting it in my garage classifies it as "hangared" for the
insurance company. But I'm tired of waiting to get started on an
airplane, so that's why I made the decision that I did.

        Anyway, my 2 cents worth. No flames, please.

        Andrew