Re:

Subject: Re:
From: Bob Fairall <bob.fairall@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 19:20:32
Hello Dave,

Thanks for your response.

I must admit with some embarrassment that I do not recall seeing the Europa
fix for the rod ends. Does it appear in the manual, or somewhere else?

Having said that, I think it right to say the situation I am experiencing
would not be affected by this earlier advice. The reason I say this is that
when my aircraft was build, first flown (May '98) and up to December the
ailerons (and hence rod ends too) were totally free. They certainly did not
require any work to make them more free.

It is only since December that this problem has occured. While Europa, who
I must add I hold in the highest esteem, especially for their help and
advice, indicated this was a problem caused by damp, you can hardly call
last summer particulary dry!!!! So why did the problem take so long to
manifest itself? Could it be a combination of damp AND COLD that causes
this problem?

I went to Redhill today, where my aircraft is hangared, and discovered that
despite changing two 'less than free' rod ends during last week and feeling
I had cured the problem, just two days later the ailerons are less than
free again. I am beginning to wonder if I should just change ALL the old
rod ends. I don't suppose the coming summer months of warm and dry
weather(?) will cause the 'less than free' rod ends to free up again?

Regards

Bob Fairall