Re: Constant Speed props

Subject: Re: Constant Speed props
From: Jerry <jerry@flyinghi.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 13:03:40
Two years ago Arplast tested a sophisticated Constant Speed control unit for
their electrically adjusted prop. Like Miles said it is not a simple task.
Although the design worked it was plagued by over-run and hunting problems.
Arguably the unit was too sophisticated sensing many engine parameters in
addition to RPM.

As you can imagine they have not stood still and hope to be in a position to
offer a CS control before too long. Price has not been confirmed but it is
expected to add around 650 US dollars to the existing VP price of 2700 US
dollars. One Europa customer with an Xess has recently tried an Arplast
spinner originally designed for the Pulsar and says it is a good match. The
spinner comes pre cut and pre drilled with Carbon front plate and rear
aluminium cover. Fitting adds around 15 minutes to the time it takes to fit
the prop.

Jerry Davis

                                         Flying Hi - Wish I was
                                       jerry@flyinghi.demon.co.uk