Look what Santa brought me!

Subject: Look what Santa brought me!
From: Steve Genotte <gopack@sprintmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 09:37:16
Salutations,

XS kit A126 is ready to be transferred from truck to garage after a 1200
mile jaunt from Lakeland to Dallas.  We learned one very important thing
during this trek: U-Haul measures their trucks useful length along the
roof line of the cargo area, NOT the floor line.  We rented a "17 foot"
truck, only to find out (after poor Bob Berube had bent himself in half
trying to get things to fit) that an XS fuselage kit could not sit on
the floor without the tail sticking out a good 8 inches or so.  It would
fit only if we did some rather intricate roping, leaving much of the
rear of the fuselage about 3 feet off the floor and susceptible to much
wagging and bouncing.  A day's delay was required to get a "24 foot"
truck and repack the entire kit.  This done, the trip home itself was
quite anticlimactic, although we do still have to unpack the lot. <g>

I need to take a quick moment to sing Bob and Michele's praises.  They
couldn't do enough to help my wife and I, and we were pretty helpless!
If all kit manufacturers had this kind of staff it would be a better
world indeed.

Happy Holidays,

Steve & Eileen Genotte
Europa XS A126