Re: 1370 lbs

Subject: Re: 1370 lbs
From: Kevin Pilcher <kpeng@waverider.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 03:20:16
Dear Graham,
                     I think this could be good news for tri-gear people
such as my self  as obviously our planes are heavier. I must stress  that I
am very happy with the performance of my plane and will concede that It
will be a bit slower but I new this when I purchased the kit. I have loaded
GO-KEV up to the maximum allowed and found it to be as the FLYER mag chappy
said its a PUSSY CAT!! and being a low hours pilot myself I can only agree
( 125 hrs). In the cruise 115 kts at 4100 rpm seems to be the most
comfortable. I have now got 25 hrs on my OTHER WOMEN!! and it out climbs
the club aircraft and leaves them for dead. At 1370 lbs it will ensure that
we all stay legal for ALUW and insurance purposes, For those Builders
planing their panel I must say that a Nav-aid, Skyforce and a Smart-coupler
makes a super combination for touring. I will to do a grass strip
conversion with the PFA Instructor Mr Frank Chapman (RESPECT) in the new
year when the weather allows. I am amazed that people spend so much time
effort and money ( 30k to 40k ) on their project and for the sake of 150
to 250 do not take full advantage of the PFA scheme, why risk it?

                      Regards
                                   Kevin.