Avoiding LARGE amd multiple messages

Subject: Avoiding LARGE amd multiple messages
From: Eric Evers <europa@mcmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 23:03:20

The following text is part of a message I received recently for a local friend
so I claim no credit (or responsibility).  I have not tried it yet but I am sure
that I will.  I imagine it would be particularly useful for coping with a
backlog
after a trip away.

Cheers,
Eric Evers

You may be interested in a utility called POP3 ScanMail obtainable from the
following web site

http://www.kempston.demon.co.uk/smb/

I've only had a brief look at it but it enables you to look at your POP3
server and see what mail is lying in waiting.

The contents of messages can be examined and it appears to be possible to
delete messages. Message details like size are there etc., etc.

<META content'"MSHTML 4.72.3110.7"' nameGENERATOR>

useful for coping with a backlog after a trip away.

Cheers,
Eric Evers

the
following web site

href"http://www.kempston.demon.co.uk/smb/";>http://www.kempston.demon.co.uk/smb/

only had a brief look at it but it enables you to look at your POP3
and see what mail is lying in waiting.

examined and it appears to be possible to
like size are there etc., etc.