RE: CHICKEN STORY......

Subject: RE: CHICKEN STORY......
From: andrew.robinson@barco.com
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 16:26:12

>      This story I first saw in Aviation Week about 1956, and it had no
> "pond" in it. It crops up biennially with territoroal or racial
> overtones attached.
> Should the need to resist temptation arise again, please persevere.

        This is truly one of the funniest tales in Aviation (right up
there
        agree about the exact details being dubious.

        The last time I heard this the bumbling users were the French
testing
        their high-speed trains, and the time before that, the frozen
bird trashed
        a Boeing aircraft out at Moses Lake (and I actually heard that
version while
        I was working at Boeing.)

        Does anyone know if such an incident really happened, or is this
just Aviation's
        version of the urban legend?  I suspect fowl play.  ;-)

        Andrew