Re: Brightness of cockpit displays.

Subject: Re: Brightness of cockpit displays.
From: Gramin@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 05:18:36
In a message dated 21/10/98  14:23:21,  nigel_graham@mentorg.com writes:

<< I spotted his Europa at Cranfield sporting what can best be described as a
26 " wide screen" TV "G" clamped to the side of his instrument panel >>

12.1"  diagonal is the largest which could fit into a Europa panel, and I
understand it was a test.   This size mounted in the pilot's panel would need
removal of the engine instruments. These may not be needed if the display
shows engine monitoring, though you would need to be comfortable with an
electric based system.  The easiest retrofit which I have done uses 10.4"
diag. and leaves the instruments in place, as I am mainly interested (so far)
in gps mapping on topograhics.  This needs better contrast than bar graphs and
instrument displays which probably accounts for G.S's comment <<I have flown
in bright sun with a TFT screen and it was legible in the Europa at all
times>>

Graham C G-EMIN