Re: Re: taildragger gear

Subject: Re: Re: taildragger gear
From: Tony Renshaw <renshaw@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 15:36:27
Hello,
I am quite interested in an update of how you are going with this
configuration? Have you actually flown it yet? My "Classic" Europa is
obviously got its design undercarriage, but it will certainly restrict me
being able to teach my kids to fly, which is one of my dreams with my
aircraft. Why did you move away from the MCR-01 undercarriage when it
appears to be light etc.? Could you also let me know what cost you
anticipate, a ballpark, for your kit ( if you can find a stable currency to
quote :-)
I look forward to hearing about your project and if by chance you have any
pictures I would love to see the finished product. I wouldn't be surprised
if this undercarriage config does nothing but make a sweet looking a/c,
sweeter. I figure the only drawback of your setup will be in visibility
both on landing and takeoff. How have you addressed this? I anxiously await
hearing from you. It sounds an exciting option.
Reg
Tony Renshaw

>        For the moment 2 Swiss builders are in the process to modify their
>Europas in taildragger configuration.
>
>        They bought a main gear leg of MCR-01 to replace the mono-wheel.
>These parts need modifications/adaptations in order to fit the Europa. These
>legs are designed to be used only with the carbon wheels mounted on the
>MCR-01 (very light... and $$$) , with a drum brake system.
>
>        The potentially good news is that we are now in the process to
>complete a prototype composite gear leg designed for the Europa. This
>landing gear will be easier to fit under the plane than the MCR-01 leg and
>is designed to accomodate standard MATCO wheels with disk brakes...
>
>        We plan to end the tests during next month and have the Swiss
>approuval soon after (not depending of us)...
>
>        We will market a kit for the modification once everything is
>finished. Not before...
>
>        I'm curious about the number of potientially interested people by a
>retrofit/modification kit based on this leg... This will ease our production
>planning and price calculation...
>
>        We won't do any advertising until everything is set for
>production... In order to avoid unhappy customers and unreasonable shipping
>delays...
>
>        Thanks... This message must be taken as an information more than a
>commercial Ad. I prefer to be honest by explaining what we intend to do than
>saying that somebody else at the same address is planning to sell a
>taildragger conversion kit...
>
>        We can be contacted at:
>
>        Aerodiffusion           Fax: +41 21 8878075
>        Le Chatelard            Email: luc.job@lmc.dmx.epfl.ch
>        CH-1044 FEY
>        Switzerland

Reg