fuel return

Subject: fuel return
From: Tennant@tonline.de
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 19:39:33
Hi all.

May I suggest that you enter in your annual check to blow backwards through the

fuel return line to clear any blockage in the restrictor.

I have a low fuel pressure warning light fitted between the mechanical pump and

the carbs. I have noticed recently that the fuel is not bleeding back to the
tank through the return system because the pressure does not drop any more when

the motor is switched off.

The restrictor is a very small hole and any contamination can block it.

By the way the low pressure warning light gives a good timely indication when
the main tank is dry. The light comes on and the motor still runs long enough to

change over to reserve on the fuel in the line and float chambers.

Best regards

Barry Tennant
D-EHBT