Mid West Rotary

Subject: Mid West Rotary
From: Trevannan@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 13:42:59
I have just had over 4 hours on the Mid West engine's Zenair , with the latest
fuel injected and well silenced rotary. The engine runs sweetly at all
throttle settings and with non of the little blips you occasionally get with
the carb version. Starting is much improved, I did remember having to turn it
over several times from cold with the Carbs , now it seems to come to life at
the press of the start button even from cold. The average fuel consumption so
far by my own measurement is 19.3L per hour running at 6000 to 6200 just using
full throttle for the climb outs. In that average was included three take off
and landings and various height changes for low level photos and climbing to
clear the Welsh mountains (hills) en route . This was on 100ll can't wait to
see how it performs on avtur ,testing is well underway and looks good. If I
get another chance to fly it I will try more throttle settings and weather
permitting get a bit of higher level flying.
As I'm writting this I have just been told the second non factory Rotary
Europa G-BVOS has flown with Gordon Beale (my spelling?) as pilot. To soon to
get any figures as it was just today .

Roger Lloyd (No6 and still building)