Tail wheel conversion

Subject: Tail wheel conversion
From: Gramin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 05:01:38
After a landing incident which I originally put down to incompetence etc. I
found the bolt holding the new tail wheel arm distorted and the tail wheel
could move under load like a pendulum from side to side.  Can't tell whether
this was a cause or a consequence but I know Graham S and others have used a
longer bolt through the pyramid and a crossbar to the sides of the fuselage to
strengthen it.  I was reluctant to do this without knowing whether the
fuselage sides are strong enough to to help  this, but I have just heard that
even the factory has done this to theirs !   Is this going to be an official
mod. ! ? ?

Graham C.  G-EMIN