Digital level

Subject: Digital level
From: Fergus Kyle <fkyle@bigwave.ca>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 11:48:57
Cheers:
     I missed the bgy-play on the topic, but for what it's worth my
answer:

      I bought a model, about 8 inches long, which on the back contained
two knurled knob 1/4" assembly screws. These were intended for another
company product - a 2- or 4-foot straighedge - at a very hich price. The
module was about $100Cdn, so I opted only for the module. I then bought
several aluminum straightedges at much lower prices and drilled them at
the appropriate places to accept the module. The drilled holes were
actually vertical slots to accept the screws, so that the bottom of the
module was exactly in line with the bottom of the straightedge. On this
way I was able to duplicate the function of some the company products at
much less cost.   The slots were produced on a drillpress (pillar dril).

Happy landings,
Ferg (#A064 - 219)