Re: Hot ship !

Subject: Re: Hot ship !
From: David Watts <dwatts@ns1.avnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 22:40:11
>Britain is not a particularly warm part of the world, but I find my Europa
>cabin temperature is almost always uncomfortably high. How do others find it

We have only found it uncomfortable on exceptionally hot days. In fact we
have only had our D Panel vents open for a couple of days this year.

>But this still allows the firewall temperature to be high and conduct into
>the cabin.

We have noticed this to a minor degree on the really warm days, in as much
as our feet tend to get rather warm.

>A mystery to me is the temperature of the pilots  control column. The metal
>part is uncomfortably hot at the top and increases towards the floor!On the
>passenger side it is is much lower, so I suspected exhaust gases >were
>reaching the underside of the fuselage, but nothing significant can be felt
>after landing.

You've got me here. I have felt our control column on several occasions over
the past couple of days, since I read this, and on every occasion they have
been stone cold over their whole length.

Dave Watts 'XDY