Forgive me, this is just too good.....

Subject: Forgive me, this is just too good.....
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 08:17:08
Forgive me for posting this to the group but it is just simply too good to
let go by.

Some of you may recall that Auckland had a power supply problem earlier this
year. The Australians gave us no end of stick over that. Well.... it's their
turn now. Sydney's water supply has degraded to the point where all water has
to be boiled before it can be drunk or they brush their teeth.

Enjoy.

To the tune of "Waltzing Matilda"...........

Once a dying dingo barfed in a Bilabong
That Bilabong fed a wild, gushing stream
And the stream led to a river that topped up Sydney's Reservoir
Turned all the water to a deep shade of green

(Chorus)
Don't drink the water -
Don't drink the water -
Don't drink the water in Sydney - It's true
That the echo you hear when you phone your Sydney-sider friends
Is caused by the fact that they're all in the Loo.

Not so very long ago our Aussie Cousins laughed at us
"Poor powerless Auckland' - Supply cables torn
But at least, in the twilight we could brush our toothy-pegs
Without running risk of a "Technicolour Yawn"

(Chorus)
Don't drink the water -
Don't drink the water -
Drink Aussie beer - (Though you know its 'the pits')
Yes - It tastes a little odd when your salads tossed in Castlemaine
But, then again, you don't get the
........(tummy-rumbles)

I've heard Olympic bureaucrats all saying that the Games are safe.
That the drinking water will be clean and pure and bright.
(But the Homebush Athletes Village isn't taking any chances, though
Nine thousand Dunnies have been ordered for the Site)

(Chorus)
It's all a Big Scam!
Guaranteed 'Gold-Medal-Plan'
Aussie's Secret Weapon - When the Sprinters hear the gun.
They're all so used to dashing from one toilet to another now -
They're clocking World Records for the 100 Metre's Run.

Tony Krzyzewski    tonyk@kaon.co.nz
Managing Director  Ph 64 9 520 4631
Kaon Technologies  Fx 64 9 520 3321
Auckland           New Zealand