Battery buying time

Subject: Battery buying time
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 10:20:57
I am about to buy a couple of batteries for my bird. I am going with
Panasonic sealed lead acid units. One is for primary services and a smaller
one on solar recharge as a fallback unit to keep my Rotax 914 pumps going in
the event of total electrical failure. Having already experience the delights
of everything going dark on a C172 I don't ever want to be in that situation
on the Europa with the pumps dependant upon the electrical system!

Any thoughts from anyone about battery capacity. I know that Rotax suggest
16Ah minimum but what capacity are people actually using?

Tony
Tony Krzyzewski    tonyk@kaon.co.nz
Managing Director  Ph 64 9 520 4631
Kaon Technologies  Fx 64 9 520 3321