Laddingford Fly-In

Subject: Laddingford Fly-In
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 17:05:28
>> The Europas had a little navigation competition which Jim
Naylor won and the Europas did a whole mass of air experience flights. (I
did 6 myself).<<

Pity you all didn't find your way to Epinal. It was brilliant. The flight
down early Saturday morning was glorious. 10 Kt tailwind, gin clear, silky
smooth and Stanstead were in a good mood. They let us through overhead.
This was Roger Mills first decent ride in a Europa. He remarked he'd have
to have his grin surgically removed. Saturday evening we had a 5 ship
formation photo flight, would have been good with a few more {?;-)
Klaus (Hopalong) Dietrich flew lead, with his Austrian friend Andreas left
wing, yours t right and the two Europa XSs behind.
Troyes, where we cleared in and out of France were as always friendly and
helpful. Their reply to my first radio call was "Good morning Graham, how
are you?" I was impressed! Good place to clear, 3 hours from Tatenhill and
well inland so weather is much less problematical than the coast. Like
Tatenhill. Gliders at both ends just to make monowheel drivers feel at
home.
BTW Hopalong? He broke his leg paragliding a week ago. Did I hear him say
"Monowheel, monoleg, it's all the same!" Son Klaus Jr is a glider pilot, so
he did the steering on the ground for his Dad.

Graham