Moving Rotax Water Pump Outlets

Subject: Moving Rotax Water Pump Outlets
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 17:55:08
>>My question is just how much heat is needed, and should I get my propane
burner on the pipe/housing!!!  It is quite an expensive item to damage.<<

The trick is to get the heat in fast, otherwise it dissipates through the
casting without melting the Loctite, (if that's what it is). So yes, get
the propane burner out. Apply some twisting force to the pipe, heat quickly
until it suddenly loosens, then immediately remove the heat. After all the
excitement and the casting has cooled somewhat run in a little fresh
Loctite to prevent leaks. The residual heat will help it to wick into the
joint. Idealy one should use soft soap, temperature crayon or similar to
avoid overheating but it can be done without. The pipes are soft aluminium
and distort easily so be careful. {:-)>
Graham