Re: Perspex Attacked!!

Subject: Re: Perspex Attacked!!
From: bryan.wilkinson <aa4bwi@zen.sunderland.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 16:03:32

On Fri, 19 Jun 1998, Tony Renshaw wrote:

> Gidday,
> A friend of mine was using Armoural to clean his car and had a small
> residue on a rag that he later used to clean the dash. What has happened is
> that the residual has attacked the perspex and left a smeared effect. I'm
> not sure if it is a redeamable situation but it seems to have instantly
> etched itself into the perspex! Any advice or tips would appreciated.n
> Would some sort of polish such as Brasso maybe do the job?
> Reg
> Tony Renshaw
> Builder No 236
> Reg
> Tony Renshaw
> Builder No.236

The above product would appeer to attack polycarbonate in particular -
I'm assumung that the instrument glass was made out of that material.

Maybe you could find something to neutralize it -  the product is meant
to restore vymnil & rubber , aircraft restorers use it to improve the
look of tires for static restoration IIRC. So it * must be pretty
aggresssive in order to penetrete the surface.

Bryan