Semina/Filling/BMW

Subject: Semina/Filling/BMW
From: BRYNALL@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 18:27:29
II have had some direct reponses on the contents of the seminar. My
apologies=0Afor
responding through the Europa club.
=09Thom Bosch asked for the names of any f the BMW Engine/Gearbox
Development=0ATeam
in order to get some help from them. Sorry I can not help, but I am sure=0Athat
others will be able to. Certainly the most senior gent was a long
time=0Aassociate
of  Ivan Shaw=92s. so it is probable that Europa Aviation will know=0Ahis
name and tel. number. the gearbox was test bed proven.
=09To Tony =91Gidday=92 Renshaw. Gary Mckirdy=92s name was omitted as the man
who
made=0Athe excellent presentation about finishing with the Ampreg 20 filler
and Gel-=0Acoating.  I am not an expert on the subject of adhesion between
blankets
and=0Aexcrement, but I suspect that Polyfibre=92s Superfill would have
similar=0Aproperties, and would provide a very good light weight solution to
your=0Aproblem.
You can fill a tailplane set and a rudder with a quart for less
than=0A=A330. so it=92s worth a go.
=09I think I have seen someone else=92s e-mail on the subject, so this may not
be=0Aoriginal, but the Polyfibre kit goes like this.
=09A...=92Superfill=92. A simple two part mix of filler which mixes to a
smooth=0Apeanut
butter consistancy. You scrape a thin layer into the weave of the=0Aglassed
cloth to make sure that you have filled the weave. then you spread a=0Asecond
layer as required using a hairdryer to help flowing if you want to.=0AOvernight
cure. then sand to the required finish. Three or four hours does a=0Atailplane
side.
=09B...=92Smoothprime=92. This is a rolled on priming, none toxic layer to
fill=0Asmall
imperfections and pinholes. Four coats with a drop of cross linking=0Aagent
in each. Then lightly sand.
=09c...=92Silversheild=92. This is an anti UV layer. Again roll on three coats
with=0Athe cross linking agent added.
=09D...=92Smoothprime=92. Three final coats, and lightly sand.
=09E...=92Top Gloss=92. Spray three water based coats, each with a drop or two
of=0Alinking agent, then cut or polish to the finish you want.
=09I received their manual today, so if the above info is wrong then I
shall=0Ablame
the author. I do not know what the entire process would cost for a=0AEuropa.
Several hundred pounds I would think!

Must sleep now!..Night night....Bryan Allsop..360 UK.