Re: Spar Guide spacing?

Subject: Re: Spar Guide spacing?
From: Gramin@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 19:06:21
In a message dated 25/06/98  12:51:48,  JohnJMoran@aol.com writes:

<< The manual shows the optional "L" shaped spar guide tight against the aft
side
 of the spar. >>

When mine was built there was no spar guide.  I tried several methods, reduxed
blocks, riveted brackets etc.  all failed after a rather small number of
riggings due to the enormous forces that can be generated on insertion.  I
agree a gap is generally required, as the face of the aperture is not
necessarily true to the back of the cockpit module.  In the end I bolted down
one of the discarded rubber rings from the old tail wheel. These are kinder to
the spar, absorb punishment, and allow the spar to be adjusted without
difficulty.

Graham C  G-EMIN