Re: Monowheel / other configurations / crosswin

Subject: Re: Monowheel / other configurations / crosswin
From: Garry Stout <gstout@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 13:46:19
I have flown both nosedraggers and taildraggers....a couple of hundred hours
each.  Neither one is "better", just different.  I do agree that taildraggers
require somewhat more attention during takeoff and landing phase.

What I'm very interested in, is has anyone flown both a Europa monowheel and a
Europa tricycle gear plane?  If so, what is the performance comparison?  Since
I'm a US builder, I'm naturally interested in speed.  My tricycle gear Europa
is about 90% complete, with a Rotax 914 engine.  Can anyone estimate what kind
of speed I'll be getting?

Regards,
Garry
(813) 878-3929, TieLine 427-3929
FAX (813) 878-7976, Internet ID Gstout@us.ibm.com

owner-europa@ns1.avnet.co.uk on 06-15-98 01:01:11 PM
Please respond to rickjory@email.msn.com

I can't speak for the frottee underware . . . but as for me (a trike pilot),
I like warm showers.  There's something to be said for civilization.