Tail Wheel Mod - The lay-up from Hell!

Subject: Tail Wheel Mod - The lay-up from Hell!
From: Kesterton Donald <KestertonD@logica.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 18:53:00
A question for all you builders out there who have completed the factory
tail wheel mod.

I'm just about to do the "lay-up from hell" through the inspection hole onto
the front face of the rear close-out.

Can this lay-up be done without a cut and overlap in the cloth at the bottom
of the close-out, where the cloth transitions off the the ply close-out onto
the bottom of the fuselage?

 I know BID has this amazing property of conforming to seemingly impossible
shapes, but for this lay-up I have my doubts!  I assume for strength
purposes cutting and overlaping the cloth is not recommended?

Thanks for any advice

Donald Kesterton
Builder No 216  G-PATS