RE: Fuel guage

Subject: RE: Fuel guage
From: Jim Naylor <jnaylor@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 08:38:31
 t.ge.com>

>Jim,
>
>I presume you have retained a sight tube as the primary gauge.  Do you still
>have it positioned at the front of CM?
>I have yet to decide on a fuel guage, but most who I have spoken to are less
>than impressed with the performance of the sight tube positioned so far away
>from the tank.
>
>Dave Cope  #340

Yes I have retained the sight guage, but I have positioned it in front of
the tank, and taken the vent back into the top of the tank via a fitting in
the LTS flange (fitting not supplied by LTS). This makes it a little
awkward to read in flight, but it is now acurate and does not suffer from
flooding of the vent line.  I use the electric guage primarily, backed up
by a quick glance at the sight guage - great for peace of mind!

Jim.