Re: Door Locks

Subject: Re: Door Locks
From: Gramin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 05:20:03
In a message dated 01/06/98  01:14:47, you write:

<< whether there is another option  to having to cut fairly big holes in
doors.  >>

Depends what you regard as "fairly big".   I originally cut 1.125"holes on the
inside, firstly to add the lock barrel nut and also to enable drilling the
hole for a lockiing pin in the sliding rod (which had already been installed).
A 35mm film can lid snaps into this hole exactly.   Later, after the door
episodes, I put reinforcing bars inside and screwed knobs through the lids to
help move the doors forwards and inwards to align the rear pins.

Graham C  G-EMIN