Re: TP T/Tube Pins Misaligned

Subject: Re: TP T/Tube Pins Misaligned
From: Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 20:14:01
Tony Renshaw wrote:

> Gidday,
> Upon fitting my tailplanes onto the torque tube I noticed my Port Tailplane
> did not contact the aft pin of the torque tube. In fact the  gap when  the
> front pin is in contact with the closeout ( the encapsulated ply) is about
> 5 mm between the rear pin and the closeout. Now my ply is sitting flush
> with the closeout  surface, so  why is this so? Has anyone else had such a
> problem? I feel that the stainless pin is probably still long enough to
> adaquately  go  through all layers of closeout for load transferring,  but
> the TP 13 bushes will need to be built up, or should I say out. The
> supplied TP13 bushes I   don't think will  be adaquate as they are only
> just long enough to go  through all the layers of the closeout if snug
> fitting. Are longer bushes available and has anyone else had a similar
> experience?
> Reg
> Tony Renshaw
> Builder No.236

Tony,
I had a similar problem with the aft pin not securely home with the fwd
pin fully home.
My pin is about 2mm short of being securely home. I do not think it is a
problem as long as the pin passes through the layups and ply, as
underneath that is foam, which would give no extra strength tt the
transferring of the load.
Cheers,
Tim
--