RE: Radio reception

Subject: RE: Radio reception
From: Andrew Wainwright <andreww@executek.com>
Date: Sun, 3 May 1998 20:23:48
As a ham radio operator, I can tell you that length of the antenna
matters in regards to standing wave and therefore efficiency of the
transmission.  The other factor is polarity, i.e. going from vertical to
horizontal (one antenna vertical, the other horizontal) causes a 3db
loss of signal strength over both being vertical or both being
horizontal.
You may want to find a local Ham radio operator that can help you with
some 'radio' hints as antennas can matter much more than the actual
radio.  They may also have a 2M Standing Wave meter which would work in
the aviation band to test the tuning of the antenna.

N7VVO
Andrew S. Wainwright
Building Europa ??? Starting Jan 1999 (hopefully!)